Fast facts: Customer Experience
We’ve pulled together 20 Customer Experience statistics worth knowing about.
- Research shows that 55% of consumers are willing to pay more for a guaranteed good experience.
- 86% of consumers are willing to pay more for an upgraded experience.
- Customer frustration leads to the following: 13% tell 15 or more people if they’re unhappy. Conversely, 72% of consumers will share a positive experience with 6 or more people.
- 67% of consumers site bad experiences as reason for churn.
- It is 6-7X more expensive for companies to attract new customers than to keep existing customers.
- Only 12% of companies are able to successfully upsell or cross-sell to new customers.
- 66% of consumers who switched brands did so because of poor service
- 70% of companies that deliver best in class customer experience use customer feedback – versus industry average of 50%, and 29% for laggards.
- 56% of customer just want the right answer, but 64% of customers do not trust the information.
- 55% of customer requests for service on social media are not acknowledged.
- 87% of customers think brands need to put more effort into providing a consistent experience
- 89% of businesses are soon expected to compete mainly on customer experience
- 80% of companies say they deliver “superior” customer service but only 8% of customers agree.
- 91% of unhappy customers will not willingly do business with you again
- Employees only ask for the customer’s name 21% of the time
- 70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels they are being treated
- 27% of email inquires are answered incorrectly
- 75% of customers believe it takes too long to reach a live agent
- 41% of consumers expect an e-mail response within six hours. Only 36% of retailers responded that quickly
- 81% of companies with strong capabilities and competencies for delivering customer experience excellence are outperforming their competition.
Sources: Facts 1-4 from https://learn.theidm.com/mod/book/view.php?id=18294&chapterid=2300; Facts 5-10 from https://www.huffingtonpost.com/vala-afshar/50-important-customer-exp_b_8295772.html; Facts 11-14 from https://www.ameyo.com/blog/customer-experience-statistics; Facts 15-20 from https://www.slideshare.net/helpscout/75-customer-service-facts-quotes-statistics
Did you enjoy this blog? We have lots of related content you might be interested in: